Thursday 21 April 2011

Liberation's Quest

Liberation is something we all want---
whether from childhood torment,
our disagreeable family
our boring sex life
from the mask of apathetic lies
the despise of bill payments
others' labels of us
or
the endless regrets of paths not taken.

We want freedom from
when we sacrificed our dignity
for the guise of comfort

Still, we wish all conflicts would cease
and this ache of separation
would unveil Herself

Why must it get to such extremes?

How does one sort out
her true wants and needs in a world of
over-indulgence in momentary distractions
and fake obligations?

What choices can I make that will lead to my
Ultimate Peace and Contentment?

Is Simply Being, enough?
But what of the drive of something more,
in connection of hearts,
ideas, creations and limitless understandings?

Why is there a determined and a lazy gene in me?

How do I Be me
without encaging
and adding to further suffering?

No comments:

Post a Comment